1. The Catcher in the Rye, by J.D. Salinger
A look at the mature adult world through the eyes of delinquent teenager.
2. The Fighter’s Mind, by Sam Sheridan
An exploration into what drives the fighting spirit.
3. Slaughterhouse Five, by Kurt Vonnegut
A fictional telling of some of the Author’s actual experiences in WWII.
4. Wuthering Heights, by Emile Bronte
A story of love and revenge carried across generations.
5. The Count of Monte Cristo, by Alexander Dumas
The ultimate tale of betrayal and subsequent triumph over the need for revenge.
6. Walden, by Henry David Thoreau
A solemn reflection on the simplicities of life.
7. Fight Club, by Chuck Palahniuk
A thought-provoking explanation for why we should leave this world with scars.
8. Among the Thugs, by Bill Buford
A social study on young people and violence through the medium of Soccer Hooliganism.
9. On the Road, by Jack Kerouac
A spirited journey of burning souls across the United States.
10. Into to the Wild, by John Krakauer
A biography of a man who rejected the norm, choosing a life of purpose over monotony.
11. The Sun Also Rises, by Ernest Hemingway
A story of Men and their insecurities.
12. Leadership, by Rudy Giuliani
A set of guidelines to live by as a leader.